[MOL] Fwd: It's all in how you look at it [00256] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fwd: It's all in how you look at it

In a message dated 10/06/2000 4:46:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, OWL6260
writes:

>  > > >>When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that
>  > > >>are going to take over my yard. My kids see flowers for Mom and
>  > > >>blowing white fluff, you can wish on.
>  > > >>When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly,
>  > > >>dirty person who probably wants money and I look away. My kids see
>  > > >>someone smiling at them and they smile back.
>  > > >>When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have
>  > > >>much rhythm so I sit self consciously and listen. My kids feel the
>  > > >>beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know
>  > > >>them, they make up their own.
>  > > >>When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it
>  > > >>messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk. My kids close
>  > > >>their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to
>  > > >>the ground laughing.
>  > > >>When I pray I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that. My
>  > > >>kids say, "Hi God!!! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please
>  > > >>keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to
>  > > >>Heaven yet. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."
>  > > >>When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and
>  > > >>clothes and dirty carpets. My kids sit in it. They see dams to
>  > > >>build, rivers to cross and worms to play with.
>  > > >>I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from?
>  > > >>No wonder God loves the little children!!

---- Begin included message ----
Thought you might enjoy this little ditty.  My sister sent it to me.

---- End included message ----