Re: [MOL] chemo treatment [00252] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] chemo treatment

Enver,
My Dad has nsclc, more specifically broncholoalveolar  lung cancer. I don't
know the onc's timetable; he has talked about going until there stops being
any shrinkage or if it starts growing I think would also be an indication to
stop this treatment. He thinks, in this case, a remission would probably be
unrealistic but he put it in such a way as not to make us give up hope--just
to see the continuing shrinkage is very encouraging even if it doesn't go
into full remission. I relly don't know what stage the cancer is and for all
that I am very demanding to know what is going on , for some reason I don't
care to know the staging. I know that sounds dumb but I feel like I might
lose hope  if it was worse than I think it is. Daddy has made the decision
to stop chemo for 3 mos; mainly because here in NE Kansas we can have fairly
severe winters and it really affects his asthma and emphysema to get out in
weather--he has to drive 40 miles roundtrip at 81 yr of age so that is hard
on him in the winter.  We do offer to take him but he is one very
independent guy and I commend him for that.  I thought I heard that txs for
nsclc & sclc are different--what works for one might not work on the
other( but I might  be wrong) so don't know if this will help your Dad any.
I am more than happy to answer any questions if it might help.  I guess we
will just kind of "wait and see" with monthly chest x-rays until Daddy feels
like resuming tx again.  Prayers to your Dad and your family-Pat Kimmi-KS