Re: [MOL] Cervical cancer questions [00245] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Cervical cancer questions

Dear Giselle,

I don't have cervical cancer, but have heard that they are getting much
stricter about paps.  I think they have a scale for it, and I read that if
it came out a three, five being the worst and one being the best, they used
to just let it go, but not anymore.

Having people in our families with cancer seems to put all of us at a
greater risk of getting it...so we all get regular tests.  I think for some
problems with the cervix, they use cryosurgery...they use some instrument to
freeze off the affected area.  I had this done once for some internal
warts...didn't feel a thing...stayed awake, etc.

Try not to worry too much and enjoy the little one.  We will be praying for
everything to come out OK.

Love and Hugs,

Martha