[MOL] Breast Cancer Info...... [00119] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Breast Cancer Info......

Radiotherapy for Women With BRCA Mutations: No Problems
Women with BRCA 1 and 2 mutations can apparently have lumpectomy plus radiotherapy for early breast cancer without concern that the radiation will complicate treatment or trigger a recurrence.
http://www.cancereducation.com/CancerSysPages/OWR/ViewArticle.cfm?Article=Cancer/20000928lump005.htm

A Case Against Specimen Radiography in Breast Cancer
A team of academic surgeons here has questioned the benefit of specimen radiography during needle/dye-localized biopsies for breast cancer.
http://www.cancereducation.com/CancerSysPages/OWR/ViewArticle.cfm?Article=Cancer/20000928spec004.htm

Triple-Drug Regimen Improves Survival in Metastatic Colon Cancer
There's more published evidence that when irinotecan is added to first-line standard chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer, it leads to a modest but significant improvement in survival.
http://www.cancereducation.com/CancerSysPages/OWR/ViewArticle.cfm?Article=Cancer/20000928irin002.htm

Liposuction for Lymphedema?
Breast-cancer patients with lymphedema may benefit from liposuction of arm tissue.
http://www.cancereducation.com/CancerSysPages/OWR/ViewArticle.cfm?Article=Cancer/20000928lipo006.htm

Rising Inappropriate Early Breast Cancer Care Traced to Lumpectomy Minus Ancillary Treatment
Lumpectomy apparently stumbled out of the blocks on its way into widespread clinical use in this country.
http://www.cancereducation.com/CancerSysPages/OWR/ViewArticle.cfm?Article=Cancer/20000928lump001.htm