Re: [MOL] MDS/Pauli/Reply [00106] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] MDS/Pauli/Reply

This is just so funny!!!  You and I sound so much alike!!  If I had any
control over what is happening, aside from just trying to guide my mother!!!
I am very upfront, very forceful!  I would not have let things progress as
far as they have!  If I hadn't pushed buttons today and gotten her to call
the Dr. I really believe that he could have been even in more danger than he
already is.  His Mediport has clogged and they cannot open it.  The Dr. said
it will have to be removed.  The nurses hadn't even notified him of this, I
told my mom to check, because I just have no faith in this nursing staff!!
(No offense to nurses everywhere!!)  We live in Zephyrhills, Florida  30
miles north of Tampa.  I just don't know why my mother doesn't get more
questioning, more demanding!!!!  I guess maybe she is too frightened, but
that won't help him!  I also didn't know that he hasn't eatten anything
substancial in the last week.  I know that his mouth is full of leisions
(all the way down)  and he has Thrush, So many things are going on that
upset me with this Hospital!!!  The Dr. must not have known that he hadn't
been eatting because tonight he really chewed him out!  Told him that he had
to eat, to top off the rest of the problems we have encountered, he is
starving to death.  (which is not helping the recovery process!) the Dr.
said his white cell count was up to .2,  gee isn't that hi!  (Mom said his
blood was full of blasts. I am trying to answer your questions as I remember
them!!! ) After the trouble with the nurses, the Dr. moved him back to ICU,
and they have him on a heart monitor and his heart rate has been so erratic
that they have now called in a cardiologist for the morning.  Things are
just stacking up there!  But I just have this feeling like things will work
out!!!
Was your Dad hopsitalized through his treatment or was he an out patient?  I
really thank you for all your help and information!  Any info you can
continue to pass my way I will appreciate!
Pauli