[MOL] Re: [MOL Reply [00052] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: [MOL Reply

Fibroadenomas may or may not turn into cancer.  I was taken back that you
are being operated on for them.  They are cysts, and all humans have many
cysts (or begnine tumors)inside their bodies that they are not even aware
of.  Because of breast exams you are aware of having them.  Most often these
are in young woman.The Cancer Information Service (1-800-4-CANCER) was also
unfam iliar with any study reporting increased breast cancer risk to women
with histories of fibroadenomas. There are cases where a fibroadenoma may
grow large enough to change the shape of the breast or interfere with the
circulation process. Fibroadenomas can be removed surgically to remedy such
situations, While the cause of the lumps are unknown, some research has
related the presence of fibroadenomas to fat consumption. Warmly, lillian

more....