Re: [MOL]Lillian and friends [00033] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL]Lillian and friends

Title: Re: [MOL]Lillian and friends
Dear Vicci, So very sorry to hear all you have been going through recently with Rich. It has been such a long haul, and you have handled it all with such grace. At times the greatest gift we can give another is that of just being with them, but one sure does feel helpless. It IS hard. Please know that we are surrounding you and Rich in prayers, and hope that good news lies ahead. we miss you! Love, Joicy

Dear Lillian,

This site tells exactly what Richsı chemo consists of.  Heıs been a pretty sick boy since the 9th of Sept.  In the hospital w/ pneumonia and out of his head.  They had to bring someone in to watch him at night as he was pulling on tubes etc.  We were there during the morning and evening to keep his safe.  We finally got him home the 16th and heıs been on oxygen since.  Just canıt seem to catch his breath or stay oxygenated.  He had two hard bumps on his head and they are going to do a needle biopsy to see if itıs the cancer.  His CT scan shows that the cancer in his lung and lining is shrinking but maybe itıs growing elsewhere.  His liver also shows a spot right in the middle and another scan performed two weeks latter (yesterday) shows that it has not grown or shrunk.  Dr. thought that the spot could be from the pneumonia.

Now we donıt know.  She is going to do an MRI on that area.  So things are as grim as could be but we forge ahead. Our main problem is in his acceptance that he could die.  We encourage him to fight as that is what he wants to do.  But he knows it will be a very tough battle and he is getting very tired and has been so sick.  We donıt know the right words to comfort him and he doesnıt want to talk to anyone as he feels itıs hopeless and I know he  doesnıt want to talk about it.  We hug him and cry with him and he tells us he has so many things he wants to do with his life.  God, thatıs the toughest.  Highs and lows and all we can do is be there for him.  Thatıs where we are right now.  Thanks for listening and I hope that things are well for you and your family.  Hello to all my other friends on MOL and my wish is that your journey is on an even keel right now.  Love to allŠŠVicci