Re: [MOL] Lung cancer...need some info please! [01848] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Lung cancer...need some info please!

Cliff,

I have a very dear friend that was recently diagnosed with stage IIIb lung
cancer.  It has spread to his lymph nodes.  His wife, sister and I all
researched the internet and feel that Duke University's lung cancer unit is
the very best.  He is there now in a clinical study.  He receives radiation 5
days a week and chemo 3 times a week.  I do not currently have a list of the
3 drugs used for chemo, but one of the newer drugs being used is Navelbine.
It has shown great response rates when used in combination therapy.  He has
just finished his third week of treatment.  The only side effects so far have
been some fatigue and a sore throat.  We are taking turns going down there to
stay with him for one week rotations, which is working out very well.  I get
to go there in two weeks.  I think they are accepting stage IV patients for
this study as well.  I pray for you both, and wish you the best.  You can do
a search on the internet by going into a search engine and typing in what you
are looking for.