Re: [MOL] acute leukemia.. [01823] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] acute leukemia..

Hi Joe;
    I went through this with my x-father-in-law. We all tried to do what he
wanted but it became very difficult at a certain stage and we had to make a
decision that involved those taking care of him. That was to call hospice, for we
were the ones that were so overwhelmed by his deteriorating health that we needed
help and we really wanted to honor his wishes of passing away at home. I don't
think when a person is in the position that your dad is in is spending alot of
time thinking what everyone else might be going through or if they can handle it.
Hospice has very skilled social workers that could speak with the family
including your dad. I can't praise them enough for how good they are at making
patients and family comfortable with the situation. Atleast that is my
experience....I know it is always hard to go through this no matter how old a
person is. He is still your dad and it is hard. My prayers to you and your
family......Beav