[MOL] acute leukemia.. [01797] Medicine On Line

[MOL] acute leukemia..

My dad, 78 yrs old, has been recently (1 month ago) diagnosed with
acute leukemia... His white count is currently @ 97,000...
The doctor has told him to get his affairs in order.  What will his
remaining days be like?  Will he just get more weak each day and just go into
a coma?  I want to get hospice involved, but my dad, who still is mentally
100%, is totally against it.  He has just started with chemo but that seems
to make feel even worse.
I would appreciate any comments or suggestions..
Thank You
Joe Kane