[MOL] Re: Oncology Abstracts..... [01764] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: Oncology Abstracts.....

Title: Testicular cancer and infertility
Abstract: Sertoli cells in the fetal or neonatal period.
  Sertoli cells (the supporting cells in the seminiferous
  tubules that control the intratubular environment) supply
  key metabolites to germ cells and transduce hormonal
  signals to germ cells, and an abnormality in their
  functioning may alter the fate of gonocytes.6 Instead of
  differentiating to form spermatogonia and thus initiating
  spermatogenesis,...
Source: British Medical Journal
http://webmedlit.silverplatter.com/j/39d427af9f/

Title: Irinotecan plus Fluorouracil and Leucovorin for
  Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
Abstract: The New England Journal of Medicine - September
  28, 2000 - Vol. 343, No. 13 ORIGINAL ARTICLE Irinotecan
  plus Fluorouracil and Leucovorin for Metastatic
  Colorectal Cancer Leonard B. Saltz, John V. Cox, Charles
  Blanke, Lee S. Rosen, Louis Fehrenbacher, Malcolm J.
  Moore, Jean A. Maroun, Stephen P. Ackland, Paula K.
  Locker, Nicoletta Pirotta, Gary L. Elfring, Langdon L.
  Miller, for the...
Source: The New England Journal of Medicine
http://webmedlit.silverplatter.com/j/39d2d0f26d/

Title: Risk of testicular cancer in men with abnormal semen
  characteristics: cohort study
Abstract: Analysis Laboratory in Copenhagen during 1963-95.
  Main outcome measure: Standardised incidence ratios of
  testicular cancer compared with total population of
  Danish men. Results: Men in couples with fertility
  problems were more likely to develop testicular cancer
  than other men (89 cases, standardised incidence ratio
  1.6; 95% confidence interval 1.3 to 1.9). The risk was
  relatively...
Source: British Medical Journal
http://webmedlit.silverplatter.com/j/39d427b052/

Title: Relationship Between Glucose Metabolism and
  Pancreatic Cancer
Abstract: Gapstur and colleagues1 observed that higher
  postload plasma glucose levels were associated with an
  increased relative risk for pancreatic cancer in their
  sample of patients, most of whom were white. While
  working with a predominantly Hispanic adult patient
  population during the last 6 years, I have come across 3
  cases of hepatobiliary cancer in patients with diabetes,
  none of whom...
Source: Journal of the American Medical Association
http://webmedlit.silverplatter.com/j/39d17f6e9b/

Title: Effect of NHS breast screening programme on
  mortality from breast cancer in England and Wales,
  1990-8: comparison of observed with predicted mortality
Abstract: Intelligence Centre b, P J Babb, epidemiologist
  b. a Cancer Screening Evaluation Unit, Institute of
  Cancer Research, Section of Epidemiology, Sutton, Surrey
  SM2 5NG, b Office for National Statistics, Demography and
  Health Division, London SW1V 2QQ Correspondence to: S M
  Moss s.moss@icr.ac.uk Abstract Top Abstract Introduction
  Method Results Discussion Appendix References
  Objective:...
Source: British Medical Journal
http://webmedlit.silverplatter.com/j/39d426d990/

Title: Epidemiology
Abstract: Peter Boyle, J S Langman. In countries with a
  westernised lifestyle about half of all deaths are caused
  by circulatory disease and a quarter by cancer. Cancer is
  an important problem in both public health and political
  terms worldwide, irrespective of a country's development.
  The most recent estimates of the global cancer burden
  suggest that there were 8.1 million new cases,
  excluding...
Source: British Medical Journal
http://webmedlit.silverplatter.com/j/39d422647/

Title: Moving beyond Fluorouracil for Colorectal Cancer
Abstract: The New England Journal of Medicine - September
  28, 2000 - Vol. 343, No. 13 EDITORIAL Moving beyond
  Fluorouracil for Colorectal Cancer For more than 40
  years, fluorouracil has been the mainstay of treatment
  for advanced colorectal cancer, the second leading cause
  of cancer-related death in the United States. The drug is
  thought to act primarily by inhibiting the enzyme
  thymidylate...
Source: The New England Journal of Medicine
http://webmedlit.silverplatter.com/j/39d2d0ba0/

more....

> [...]
>   an important problem in both public health and political
>   terms worldwide, irrespective of a country's development.
>   The most recent estimates of the global cancer burden
>   suggest that there were 8.1 million new cases,
>   excluding...
> Source: British Medical Journal
> http://webmedlit.silverplatter.com/j/39d422647/

> Title: Moving beyond Fluorouracil for Colorectal Cancer
> Abstract: The New England Journal of Medicine - September
>   28, 2000 - Vol. 343, No. 13 EDITORIAL Moving beyond
>   Fluorouracil for Colorectal Cancer For more than 40
>   years, fluorouracil has been the mainstay of treatment
>   for advanced colorectal cancer, the second leading cause
>   of cancer-related death in the United States. The drug is
>   thought to act primarily by inhibiting the enzyme
>   thymidylate...
> Source: The New England Journal of Medicine

http://webmedlit.silverplatter.com/cgi-bin/email_sub_admin.pl?email=firefly@
islc.net