Re: [MOL] Re: [Judith [01703] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Re: [Judith

I would think dear Judith I would rather have a port with it being placed only once than having ton's of needle pricks for chemo.  Does that make any sense to you?  Many people on the forum are in favor of the port.   I had one about 5 year's ago and never had any problems with it.  I loved it as they were not good at all in finding the vein much less keeping the needle in the vein.  There are so many sue suites today, that doctors are being very cautious for the most part in informing the patient.
What ever you decide and no matter how you decide it will be the best choice for you Judath.  Each of our bodies are so different in how they react that you know your own the best, listen to what it tells you.  Have a great day; as I am.  Your friend, lillian

From: Judith Tilton
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [MOL] Re: [Judith

Dear Lillian,

Thank you for your input on Thalidamide....I too remember the devasation of birth defects attributed to it.
Nope, not childbearing age.....am a 57 year old mom of 3 (1 bio 2 steps) and grandma of 4.
I just returned from surgeons office to discuss implanting a port for chemo....I don't know...he kind of scared me with his "routine" risk factor speil.   Since I did have an episode of a severe DVT after my initial surgery and then a bout with pneumonia after that, I am a little hesitant to have my body invaded anymore.
Anyway...enough of my blah, blah, blah...
Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!!
You are definitely a marvelous source of inspiration and encouragement and I am truly grateful for that!
Judith T.