Re: [MOL] Staging Caner, Educational... [01693] Medicine On Line


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [MOL] Staging Caner, Educational...



Good Morning Bridget....
Your good words were received with a smile.....you all seem so very
articulate and able to provide the nicest and wisest  messages ---  this is
a good thing!
Judith T.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bridget Rambeau <bsbridget@hotmail.com>
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
Date: Thursday, September 28, 2000 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: [MOL] Staging Caner, Educational...


>Dear Judith,
>There is no such thing as too much space, everyone takes however much they
>need and that's a given.
>I think you're really wise to let your sister act as advocate for you. My
>experience with cancer is that it takes everything you have simply to deal
>with all the varying aspects of the disease and the more things you can
>shift to other people to do for you the better. That's leaves you free to
>expend your energy on what's important...getting well.
>Cancer makes us all selfish to some degree; we have to be if we want to
>survive. But I think you'll find that eventually it will turn you into a
>more giving person than ever. And I think that's already happening just by
>the fact that you're aware and already talking about giving back. In case
>you don't know it your participation in this forum is helping everyone who
>reads your e-mails so, see? you're already starting to give back. Keep the
>faith and look after you.
>Your friend,
>Bridget
>
>
>
>>From: "Judith Tilton" <judithtilton@netzero.net>
>>Reply-To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
>>To: <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
>>Subject: Re: [MOL] Staging Caner, Educational...
>>Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:52:26 -0400
>>
>>Dear Bridget,
>>It seems I start every message with Thank You but I really really mean
it!!
>>Thank you for your reply.  I don't know...I guess I'll figure this chemo
>>management thing out eventually.  Explanation -- I meant I felt like
giving
>>up on chemo altogether (which I am toying with now - actually my sister
has
>>agreed to be my advocate as far as gathering info, etc.  She has expressed
>>my concerns to my oncol. and he will go over everything with her.  She
>>knows
>>I feel about certain things and knows me pretty darn well and she is
>>aggressive in getting info and medical management.    I hope I don't sound
>>like a weak sniffling whiner as I was pretty much the one that was stoic
>>during family crisis, but this cancer thing has really turned me off
>>somehow.
>>I am so very lucky to have great people all around me giving subtle shoves
>>when needed.  My employer (an orthopedic surgeon), co-workers, siblings,
>>children and my wonderful sweet husband as well as super friends have
given
>>me more than I could ever imagine.  I hope I can return to a state where I
>>want to give as much back to others.  (You know?? it just hit
me.....cancer
>>has made me feel selfish, hummm).
>>Anyway, I am so glad I found this forum and hope beyond hope that I have
>>not
>>taken up too much time and space on me me me.
>>I do think about you all and pray that we shall endure with faith and
hope.
>>Love,
>>Judith T.
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Bridget Rambeau <bsbridget@hotmail.com>
>>To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
>>Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 11:49 AM
>>Subject: Re: [MOL] Staging Caner, Educational...
>>
>>
>> >Hi Judith. In future I won't consider myself butting in just because
your
>> >message is addressed to one person, okay? And yes, that does make sense.
>> >I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with the chemo. I'm afraid
>> >that chemo made up a very small part of my txs, primarily I rec'd
>>radiation.
>> >The chemo I did have was 5FU, 8 txs and minimal side effects. I'm sure
>>there
>> >are others who can provide more info than I.
>> >When you say give up, what exactly do you mean? If you're referring only
>>to
>> >the chemo tx because you've lost faith in it's ability to help, then
only
>> >you can answer that question. I believe one has to balance the benefit
of
>> >txs against the quality of life they're experiencing.
>> >On the other hand, if you're referring to giving up on trying to combat
>>the
>> >cancer, then any time would be too soon. Perhaps you should sit down
with
>> >your onc, explain your concern and ask about either stronger medications
>>to
>> >offset the effects or alternative txs that might be available to you
>>other
>> >than the chemo.
>> >I wish you luck Judith in making this extremely difficult decision and
>>will
>> >pray that you find some relief soon.
>> >Just out of curiousity, do you meditate at all or listen to relaxation
>> >tapes?
>> >Your friend,
>> >Bridget
>> >
>> >
>> >>From: "Judith Tilton" <judithtilton@netzero.net>
>> >>Reply-To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
>> >>To: <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
>> >>Subject: Re: [MOL] Staging Caner, Educational...
>> >>Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:48:55 -0400
>> >>
>> >>Dear Bridget,
>> >>My messages, although usually in response to others are for all.  (Does
>> >>that
>> >>make sense?)  Anyway, thank you very much for your good wishes.  I am
>>not
>> >>having a great day with effects from yesterday's chemo.  I really don't
>> >>want
>> >>to do it anymore.    Do you know anything about Thalidimide effects?
My
>> >>oncologist gave me that as one of the options but recommended I start
>>with
>> >>the CPT11 - 5FU/Leukovorin combo.   I just don't know what to do at
this
>> >>point.  I pretty much have been on chemo for 2 years with just a short
3
>> >>month break in between original diagnosis and recurrence.   Is it too
>>soon
>> >>to give up???
>> >>Hope I haven't gone on too much.
>> >>Thanks
>> >>Judith t.
>> >>-----Original Message-----
>> >>From: Bridget Rambeau <bsbridget@hotmail.com>
>> >>To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
>> >>Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 9:44 AM
>> >>Subject: Re: [MOL] Staging Caner, Educational...
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> >Hi Judith.
>> >> >I don't mean to butt in on your letter but I wanted you to know that
>>I'm
>> >> >wishing you luck today with your txs and will be thinking of you.
>> >> >Your friend,
>> >> >Bridget
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >>From: "Judith Tilton" <judithtilton@netzero.net>
>> >> >>Reply-To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
>> >> >>To: <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
>> >> >>Subject: Re: [MOL] Staging Caner, Educational...
>> >> >>Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:33:01 -0400
>> >> >>
>> >> >>Dearest Lillian,
>> >> >>
>> >> >>It is me again....I cannot thank you enough for providing all the
>>great
>> >> >>info...It seems as I opened your messages this morning, just about
>>every
>> >> >>other one pertained to effects I have had with chemo.
>> >> >>I am a little nervous as I resume my chemo in about an hour from now
>>for
>> >> >>first time in about 6 weeks and this is going to be the CPT11,
>> >> >>5FU/Leukovorin combo.  I feel there has been something going on in
my
>> >> >>abdomen during the period I was off chemo and I look forward to the
>> >> >>?????security of the chemo, but I am definitely a little scared
about
>> >>this
>> >> >>go around.
>> >> >>
>> >> >>Thanks for listening and being there,
>> >> >>Judith Tilton
>> >> >>     -----Original Message-----
>> >> >>     From: Lillian <firefly@islc.net>
>> >> >>     To: MOL <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
>> >> >>     Date: Sunday, September 24, 2000 10:01 PM
>> >> >>     Subject: [MOL] Staging Caner, Educational...
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>     How is cancer staged?
>> >> >>     http://www.jasper-web.com/texascanceronline/staging.htm
>> >> >>
>> >> >>     We invite you to take a look at our Album.
>> >> >>     www.angelfire.com/sc/molangels/index.html
>> >> >>
>> >> >>       ( Very informational, good tips, Molers pictures, art work
and
>> >>much
>> >> >>more....
>> >> >>
>> >> >
>> >>
>>
>_________________________________________________________________________
>> >> >Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at
>>http://www.hotmail.com.
>> >> >
>> >> >Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at
>> >> >http://profiles.msn.com.
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >> >This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be
>>removed
>> >> >from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion
>>Forum
>> >> >at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
>> >> >majordomo@lists.meds.com
>> >> >with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing
the
>> >>line:
>> >> >unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
>> >> >where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual
email
>> >> >address.
>> >>
>> >------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>_____NetZero Free Internet Access and Email______
>> >>    http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >>This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be removed
>> >>from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion
>>Forum
>> >>at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
>> >>majordomo@lists.meds.com
>> >>with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the
>> >>line:
>> >>unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
>> >>where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email
>> >>address.
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >
>>
>_________________________________________________________________________
>> >Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at
http://www.hotmail.com.
>> >
>> >Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at
>> >http://profiles.msn.com.
>> >
>> >------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be removed
>> >from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion
Forum
>> >at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
>> >majordomo@lists.meds.com
>> >with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the
>>line:
>> >unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
>> >where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email
>> >address.
>> >------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>Why pay for something you could get for free?
>>NetZero provides FREE Internet Access and Email
>>http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be removed
>>from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion Forum
>>at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
>>majordomo@lists.meds.com
>>with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the
>>line:
>>unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
>>where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email
>>address.
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_________________________________________________________________________
>Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
>
>Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at
>http://profiles.msn.com.
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be removed
>from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion Forum
>at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
>majordomo@lists.meds.com
>with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the
line:
>unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
>where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email
>address.
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>


____________NetZero Free Internet Access and Email_________
Download Now     http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633
___________________________________________________________
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically-generated notice.  If you'd like to be removed
from the mailing list, please visit the Medicine-On-Line Discussion Forum
at <http://www.meds.com/con_faq.html>, or send an email message to:
majordomo@lists.meds.com
with the subject line blank and the body of the message containing the line:
unsubscribe mol-cancer your-email-address
where the phrase your-email-address is replaced with your actual email
address.
------------------------------------------------------------------------