Re: [MOL] chemo for lung cancer [01634] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] chemo for lung cancer

In a message dated 09/27/2000 2:18:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mterrell@rxremedy.com writes:

> Mary Terrell
Mary, I can tell you that my father had taxotere w/ carboplatin.  It shrinked
his lung cancer (non-small cell) considerably but then radiation pulverized
it.  It has now returned; however they have already caught it and it's so
tiny it can be barely picked up on tests.  My father had a hard time w/
chemo, but then his age is a factor there; he was 75 at that time and will be
77 this time.  I've been told this chemo is milder and less aggressive than
the first time (6 wks vs. 6 mons.)  He's STILL HERE with us, so it must
WORK!!  -chris