Re: [MOL] Staging Caner, Educational... [01596] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Staging Caner, Educational...

Hi Judith. In future I won't consider myself butting in just because your
message is addressed to one person, okay? And yes, that does make sense.
I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time with the chemo. I'm afraid
that chemo made up a very small part of my txs, primarily I rec'd radiation.
The chemo I did have was 5FU, 8 txs and minimal side effects. I'm sure there
are others who can provide more info than I.
When you say give up, what exactly do you mean? If you're referring only to
the chemo tx because you've lost faith in it's ability to help, then only
you can answer that question. I believe one has to balance the benefit of
txs against the quality of life they're experiencing.
On the other hand, if you're referring to giving up on trying to combat the
cancer, then any time would be too soon. Perhaps you should sit down with
your onc, explain your concern and ask about either stronger medications to
offset the effects or alternative txs that might be available to you other
than the chemo.
I wish you luck Judith in making this extremely difficult decision and will
pray that you find some relief soon.
Just out of curiousity, do you meditate at all or listen to relaxation
tapes?
Your friend,
Bridget