[MOL] Cervical cancer questions [01565] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Cervical cancer questions

Hello everybody. My gynecologist called me yesterday to inform that my pat
did no come out normal. He explained that he needs to test with a microcope
to see if there is any bad cell that we should be aware of. I am scheduled
for this appointment for next week.
Now, my question is once they do the test, how long does it normally take to
get results, how acurate is this. I am 30 years old and just had my first
baby 7 months ago, I honestly thought that a person my age should not have
any worries. When I talked to my doctor on the phone I was in shocked and
really could not ask him anything. In my family we have had a couple of cases
of cancer (brain cancer, tumor, tyroids cancer, precancer cell in cervix)
Does this put me in more of a risk?
Sorry for all these questions but I would like to have some information
before my appointment. Maybe I can be sent to a website with more info.   :-)

Thanks,
Giselle