[MOL] Hey there, I need help. [01543] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Hey there, I need help.

Hi everyone,

This is Andrea Deschenes...I was a part of the forum last year when my mom was diagnosed with colon cancer.  Unfortunately, she passed away this summer.

I'm doing okay but I need you help now.  I'm in broadcasting at Ryerson and I'm doing a story on Cancer and whether or not we, as a society of cancer patients, are losing faith/confidence in our Cancer care systems.

There is an article at Canoe.com called "Canada Lagging in Treating Cancer" which pretty much states that Americans are fairing better than Canadians in regards to survival rates.

So, I would like to hear what you guys have to say.  You were always such a great help to me when my mom was sick that I really value your opinions.  I know that all your answers and/or opinions are sincere.

Questions:  Are Canadians losing confidence in the national cancer care system?  What problems do you see with the current system? and how can these problems be improved?

Please contact me at andreadeschenes@hotmail.com ASAP (as I have a deadline!!!)

I appreciate your help very much and hope that everyone is doing as well as can be expected.  The one lesson the forum (and thus, all of you in it) taught me was to keep my chin up and always think positively.  I will never forget that.

Thanks for everything,
Andrea Deschenes