Re: [MOL] breast lung cancer / REPLY ! [01521] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] breast lung cancer / REPLY !

Welcome to our wonderful forum.  We want you to know that we are here for
you and will help in any way we can.  We will provide you with daily medical
articles, latest treatment therapies and giving you links to information
that will help you to better understand cancer. Knowledge gives you the
power to make the very best decisions for yourself.

Please know that we are not in the medical profession and all information is
not intended to replace your physicians directions.   We do have combined
year's of expierence with  cancer and opinions.  We are not endorsing any
perticular product, treatment, medications, centers or doctors.

We have our own web site  and album. Here the resources are numerous.  From
how to talk to your doctor, questions to ask about your treatment.
Resources in cancer centers,  work related issues, benefits, financial and
more.  Photo's and testimonials of survivors and photo's of those that have
left a legacy to our forum.
www.angelfire.com/sc/nolangels/index.html

Some of the best support on line is provided through our many wonderful
forum members.  Friendships are made, tips on their treatments are given.
We cry together and yes, even laugh together.  It is the spirit of the
members of this forum that makes this the best "Home away from Home".  Here
you can vent and be understood; as all on the forum are on the cancer
journey.  Whether it be active, remission, survival, loved one's or
caregivers.  Each plays an intricate roll in helping you.  To sign onto our
forum please go to:  www.meds.com/forums/mol_con_signup.html

Included are URL'S to help you gain the knowledge and give you the power.
When you are at the NCI site  check into trials. Explore the URL's of
alternative sites.

If we may be of further help please just ask and won't you join us in chat?
Warmly, your friend, lillian

TRADITIONAL SITES

National Cancer Institute http://rex.nci.nih.gov

Univ of Penn http://cancer.med.upenn.edu

Cancer Notes on the Net http://www.cancernews.com

Medicine On Line http://www.meds.com

MD Anderson http://www.mdanderson.org

Mem. Sloan-Kettering http://www.mskcc.org

ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE WEBSITES
           International Bibliographic Information on Dietary
           Supplements (IBIDS) Database (Office of Dietary
           Supplements/NIH)
               Searchable database of published, scientific literature on
               dietary supplements, vitamins, minerals, and botanicals.
IBIDS
               contains over 300,000 citations and abstracts.  Developed to
               assist the public, health care providers, and researchers in
               locating credible, scientific literature on dietary
supplements.

           NIH National Center for Complementary and Alternative
          Medicine (NCCAM)
               Conducts and supports research and training; disseminates
               information on complementary and alternative medicine to
               practitioners and the public.   NCCAM resources include the
               CAM Citation Index (searchable & browsable database of more
               than 180,000 citations from 1996-1998 extracted from
MEDLINE);
               and the NCAAM Clearinghouse (contains information on NCCAM
               programs, conferences, and research activities).

           Quackwatch
           Stephen Barrett, MD
               Guide to health fraud and "quackery."  Of particular note is
the
               section entitled, "Special Message for Cancer Patients
Seeking
               'Alternative' Treatments.

           University of Texas Center for Alternative Medicine Research
           in Cancer (UT-CAM)
               Investigates the effectiveness of alternative and
complementary
               therapies used for cancer prevention and control.  Website
               contains evaluative information on various therapies,
including
               herbal & plant therapies (e.g., essiac), biologic & organic
               therapies (e.g., cartilage), chemical & pharmacologic
therapies
               (e.g, antineoplastons, hydrazine sulfate) as well as special
               regimes & integrated systems (e.g., Gerson, macrobiotics).
               One of eleven centers established by the National Center for
               Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) at the
               National Institutes of Health (NIH).

more....

more....