[MOL] A prayer [01508] Medicine On Line

[MOL] A prayer

http://www.bmhcc.org/services/pastoral_care/pastcare/special/cancer.htm

A PRAYER FOR THE CANCER PATIENT

Dear Father,
I now have developed a disease which I have often feared. I am afraid. I am
lonely. Questions seem to crowd my mind: Will I be cured? Will there be pain?
How long will I live? How will my family handle this? I ask with all my heart
that I be healed. But, if my healing is not in Your great plan, I trust You
to be with me through it all. I trust You to give me peace, to let me live
with hope, to relieve any pain, and to let me know Your presence. I trust You
to bring my loved ones close to me during this illness, that we might support
each other, and that Your great hands might support us all. I pray that from
now on, whether sick or well, I will live each day as if it were eternal, and
trust my eternity to You.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.