Re: [MOL] Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:45:36 -0400 [00963] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:45:36 -0400

Thanks very much to David Whipps for welcome, etc.
My treatment so far has consisted of hemicolonectomy after initial diagnosis
of Stage IV colon cancer in November 1998.  This was followed with 6 months
of FU-5.  After completion of that and three months of thinking I was cancer
free, recurrence with metastases to liver (5 total lesions) and 1 tiny in
lung (question of malignancy).  I resumed treatment of CPT-11 in March 2000
with 4 weeks on 2 weeks off and cat scans in between.  It has been an up and
down situation since then.....first optimism for surgical removal of largest
lesion as smaller seem to reducing in size.  However latest is that I am not
a surgical candidate due to location of largest lesion.  OPtions now include
a combination of CPT11, Leukovorin and FU5 combination chemo or a plantinum
based drip (which in still in clinical trial stage but has had some positive
results), or Thylidimide (pill form) which has apparently had good results.
My local doctor suggests starting with the CPT11, etc.     I need to make a
decision by this coming Monday or Tuesday..   Totally confused!!!  Would
appreciate any input.
Thanks to all!!!  I am so glad I found you!

Judith T.