Re: [MOL] lung cancer [00955] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] lung cancer

They thought it had not spread until about 5 mins before the actual surgery -
THAT's when the Dr. FINALLY looked at the month-old x-ray from the emergency
room doctor!  My Dad was already anasthestized when the doc discovered tiny
suspicious spots in the other lung (the right one).  Instead of removing the
large tumor he removed the newer growths as that side was already opened up
for a last-minute biopsy.  My dad remembered none of that and awoke thinking
they cut out the WRONG LUNG - the one he THOUGHT was the only good one.
-chris