Re: [MOL] Good Morning! [00941] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Good Morning!

Hi Bridget;
    To clarify the paint horse, I can tell you (my sister raises paints),. A paint
has to have quarter horse or throughbred in their bloodlines. Pintos can be of any
breed except quarter or throughbred. So you can have pinto arabians, saddlebreds,
morgans, to name of few of the breeds. Color patterns are the same with either
breed. If you have a baby born out of paint or pinto parents that is a solid color
with no markings then they are called paint or pinto breeding stock. They can
still be registered they just have no color but they can reproduce color. There
are three color patterns that are most common. Tobiano, overo, and tovero. My
horse is a tobiano paint. (bay and white tobiano), he is mostly brownish red with
white marking on his body and his legs are white. He has a black mane and tail
mixed with white. My sister has not had a paint born on her new place since they
moved there 5 yrs. ago. They have all been solids. But they love them just the
same...So much for horse talk from your horse and dog freind.....Beav