Re: [MOL] New to list. [00819] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] New to list.

Thanks David & Lisa,

>From what I understand, the reason he opted against radiation for now is that
there are four tumors located in the central cavity of the chest.  At this
time, a broad radiation there may do more harm than good because the heart
and so many major blood vessels are located there.

I asked about radiosurgery (laser located radiation), but for now, he said,
the tumors are too large for it to be effective.  He's hoping the chemo will
shrink the tumors so that radiosurgery will be a more effective treatment.

Sal.