[MOL] Fwd: (no subject) [00724] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fwd: (no subject)

---- Begin included message ----

Once upon a time two brothers who lived on adjoining farms fell into
conflict.  It was the first serious rift in 40 years of farming side by
side, sharing machinery, and trading labor and goods as needed without a
hitch. Then the long collaboration fell apart.  It began with a small
misunderstanding and it grew into a major
difference, and finally it exploded into an exchange of bitter words
followed by weeks of silence.

One morning there was a knock on John's door.  He opened it to find a man
with a carpenter's toolbox.  "I'm looking for a few days work" he said.
"Perhaps you would have a few small jobs here and
there.  Could I help you?"

"Yes," said the older brother.  "I do have a job for
you.  Look across the creek at that farm.  That's my neighbor, in fact, it's
my younger brother.
Last week there was a meadow between us and he took his bulldozer to the
river levee and now there is a creek between us.  Well, he may have done
this to spite me, but I'll go him one better.  See that
pile of lumber curing by the barn?  I want you to build me a fence -- an
8-foot fence -- so I won't need to see his place anymore.  Cool him down,
anyhow."

The carpenter said, "I think I understand the
situation.  Show me the nails and the post-hole digger and I'll be able to
do a job that pleases you."

The older brother had to go to town for supplies, so
he helped the carpenter get the materials ready and then he was off for the
day.

The carpenter worked hard all that day measuring,
sawing, nailing.

About sunset when the farmer returned, the carpenter had just finished his
job.

The farmer's eyes opened wide, his jaw dropped.

There was no fence there at all.  It was a bridge --
a bridge stretching from one side of the creek to the other! A fine piece of
work handrails and
all -- and the neighbor, his younger brother, was
coming across, his hand outstretched.  "You are quite a fellow to build this
bridge after all
I've said and done."

The two brothers stood at each end of the bridge,
and then they met in the middle, taking each other's hand. They turned to
see the carpenter hoist
his toolbox on his shoulder.  "No, wait!  Stay a few
days.  I've a lot of other projects for you," said the older brother.

"I'd love to stay on," the carpenter said, "but, I
have many more bridges to build."

---- End included message ----