Re: [MOL] Information needed - thyroid/REPLY [00385] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Information needed - thyroid/REPLY

Beav:  You should discuss your feelings with Bucky's Doctors and put your
foot down.  You will feel much better doing it.  One doesn't have to yell or
call names to get the Doctors attention; but they do have to be assertive.
Keep in mind that doctors have two fee's and the fee is higher for a cancer
patient.  It took time and an emergency to find my doctor; but I would not
trade him for the world.  He saved my life and now I am his forever (whether
he wants me or not!  LOL!).  He spends 1 hour with me on each visit.  He
gives me a really good going over, the eyes, ears, nose, the skin, the feet,
the ankles, you name it.  He goes over the meds and he listens when I talk
to him.  If he does not know something, he tells me, or if I have grown
something new (like green warts) are you laughing?  Its true, he will tell
me thetas the steroids doing that , if my skin gets really scaly (thetas the
thyroid meds).  I will be the very first to say there are some wonderful
doctors out there; but there are also some stinkers.  Good luck and it is
better to know than to be sorry.  love you, lilllian

more....