Re: [MOL] clinical trials, etc. [00300] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] clinical trials, etc.

Hi guys. I've never heard of bile duct cancer being referred to as primary
liver cancer and was wondering where you got that information.
Yes I did have the surgery in Aug.'98.
Almost all sources I researched indicated radiation as an effective adjuvent
treatment. As far as the chemo, the way my doctor described it to me was
that it was intended to kill any stray cancer cells that may have drifted to
an area outside the primary site where the radiation was being done. Because
the drug (fu5) and the dosage were fairly mild with minimal side effects, I
decided better safe than sorry. One of the problems is the lack of many
clinical trials as it is such a rare form of cancer. So a lot of what they
don't know is because it's never been tested in trials.
Now it's my turn. May I ask a question of you that's somewhat unrelated.
Following the surgery and up to this point, was pain (chronic) ever a
problem? Thanks.
Hope this helps some, I know how hard these decisions are to make.
Your friend,
Bridget