From: Koerber, Lisa R.
To: Boehm, Barbara A. ; Nelson, Lynne C. ; Patrick, Cheryl A.
Cc: 'jfslls@aol.com' ; 'lae0609@bjc.org'
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2000 11:05 AM
Subject: FW: What Mother Taught Us

Thanks,
Lisa

Mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE - "If you're going to kill
each other, do it outside - I just finished cleaning!"
My mother taught me RELIGION -
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL:
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle
of next week!"
My mother taught me LOGIC:
"Because I said so, that's why."
My mother taught me FORESIGHT -
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
My mother taught me IRONY -
"Keep laughing and I'll give you something to cry about."
My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS - "Shut your mouth and eat
your supper!"
My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM - "Will you look at the dirt on the
back of your neck!"
My mother taught me about STAMINA - "You'll sit there 'till all that
spinach
is finished."
My mother taught me about WEATHER - "It looks as if a tornado swept through
your room."
My mother taught me how to solve PHYSICS PROBLEMS - "If I yelled because I
saw a meteor coming toward you, would you listen then?"
My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY -
"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - Don't
exaggerate!!!"
My mother taught me THE CIRCLE OF LIFE - "I brought you into this world,
and
I can take you out."
My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION - "Stop acting like your
father!"
My mother taught me about ENVY -
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who
don't
have wonderful parents like you do!"
THANKS, MOM!

---- End included message ----