Re: [MOL] Metastatic disease [00254] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Metastatic disease

Dear Donna....
My mother also had breast cancer that had metastsized to the bone ( her
spine). She had radiation and other treatments. It is THE most painful type
of cancer...horrible. Please make certain that she has GREAT pain management
and that when the time comes is in HOSPICE care. Once they have done most
conventional treatments  (tamoxifin,  megace,radiation, chemo...she even had
gamma knife to her pituatairy for pain)..there seems to be little hope left.
I hope your mother doesn't have to go through what my mom did. My thoughts
ans best wishes are with you all.....Pat in Houston