Re: [MOL] Dad's chemo [00246] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Dad's chemo

Pat, congratulations on the good news of your friend.  As for your Dad, my
Dad's chemo was really rough too -and he sounds alot like your Dad - tough,
silent-guy type.  When *they* complain about anything, you KNOW it's much
worse than they are saying because they never let on.  He had the leg pain,
shaking, fevers, infections, nausea & vomiting, but they did get it under
control with other meds and he only ate foods that agreed with him.  He also
discovered that a pony bottle of beer (with meals) helped keep the nausea
away.  And that was w/ the Dr's permission (my Dad was NEVER a *beer* drinker
- 7&7s always). He drank Boost & Ensure, but not as much as the Dr told him -
only one a day.  The song really applies to my Dad: "I did it MY way!"
Whatever - it worked!  -chris