Re: [MOL] breast cancer metastasis in lung [00082] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] breast cancer metastasis in lung

In a message dated 09/02/2000 9:17:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
joicy@erols.com writes:

> In my own family, I have two relatives who were given no hope, and sent home
>  to die with terminal cancers. One, in her middle years, lived to be 105
>  before she died! And another, who was diagnosed when his daughter was just
>  baby, saw his daughter graduate from college and is still going strong. In
>  both cases, this was before many of the treatment breakthroughs we are
>  hearing about.
Joicy, had to respond to this one.  My boss's aunt was told @ 80 yrs old that
she had cancer and would be gone in less than 6 months.  She basically told
the doc WHERE to go and said, "I'll see YOU next year...and the year after!"
She just celebrated her 100th birthday with a card from the White House.
-chris