Re: [MOL] breast cancer metastasis in lung [00075] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] breast cancer metastasis in lung

Hi Denise. I'm so sorry to hear your cancer has returned.
I'm surprised though that your doc would start setting time limits on you at
this point. Most no longer rely on stats as they are basically meaningless
on an individual basis. You will find many of us on this forum who have
survived long past what the stats stated. There isn't anyone who can tell
you with any degree of real certainty and it's imperative that you don't buy
into this and give up hope. I've no doubt you'll hear from many of our
members on this.
On the other hand, even when we know better, we are all drawn to those
numbers aren't we? Every time I look at the survival stats for bile duct
cancer (which I have) I get really depressed for a few days. Then I remind
myself that as long as there are people surviving beyond what they say, I
might as well be one of them, right? So why don't you join me and all the
others and say stats be danged by committing yourself to making sure you end
up on the right side of the numbers game! Believing is the first step
towards doing!
I hope you will stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. You'll find
some wonderful people on this forum who may help make your journey a little
easier.
Your friend,
Bridget