[MOL] Fwd: Baked Spinach and Cheese [00074] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fwd: Baked Spinach and Cheese

---- Begin included message ----

How does your garden grow?

Whether you pick your produce from your yard, the
farmer’s market, or your handy supermarket shelf, we’d
like to share with you some ideas for making the most
of the harvest.

Today, for example, we bring you this delicious baked
spinach dish.

Baked Spinach and Ricotta
Serves 4 to 6

Ingredients:
3 cups (about 1 1/2 pounds fresh) chopped Spinach
Salt
4 Eggs (separated)
1 pint Ricotta Cheese
1/2 shredded Cheese (suggest Provolone)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
Black Pepper
Nutmeg
Butter
Crumbs to cover casserole

Clean and trim the spinach leaves, and chop fine.

Sprinkle about a teaspoon of salt over the chopped
spinach, and let it stand for a while. (But before you
add it to the recipe, be sure to press out as much of the
moisture as possible.)

Butter a 2-quart casserole dish, and sprinkle enough
bread crumbs in it to cover the bottom.

Preheat the oven to 350-F degrees.

Separate the eggs; beat the yolks with the three cheeses,
then add pepper and nutmeg to taste. Drain the spinach
and stir it in.

Beat the egg whites until they’re stiff. Fold them into
the spinach-and-cheese mixture.

Turn all into the prepared casserole dish, and bake for
30 to 45 minutes.

Enjoy the bounty!

Recipe-a-Day is a FlowGo newsletter.  For more information on FlowGo or to unsubscribe from Recipe-a-Day follow the links below:

FlowGo
http://www.flowgo.com/

Privacy Policy
http://www.emazing.com/info/privacy.htm