Re: [MOL] need some information /up-16.ToPo side [00047] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] need some information /up-16.ToPo side

I looked up up-16 and found nothing.  I then looked up ToPo side and found
travisit with clemastine listed with it.  Hope this is the drug you are
looking for information for.  If not then you will need to send the full
name.  Warmly, lillian

What do clemastine tablets do?
CLEMASTINE (TavistŪ) is an antihistamine. It relieves symptoms of runny nose
from colds (rhinitis) and hay fever (seasonal rhinitis), hives (rash and
itching), and other mild allergic conditions. Generic clemastine tablets are
available.

What should my health care professional know before I take clemastine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
.asthma or congestive lung disease
.glaucoma
.high blood pressure or heart disease
.liver disease
.other chronic illness
.prostate trouble
.pain or difficulty passing urine
.ulcers or other stomach problems
.pregnant or trying to get pregnant
.breast-feeding

How should I take this medicine?
Take clemastine tablets by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription
label. Take with food or milk if clemastine upsets your stomach. Take your
doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than
directed.

Contact your pediatrician or health care professional regarding the use of
this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.

What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for
your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double doses.

What other medicines can interact with clemastine?
.alcohol
.barbiturate medicines for inducing sleep or treating seizures (convulsions)
.medicines for anxiety or sleeping problems, such as diazepam or temazepam
.medicines for hay fever and other allergies
.medicines for mental depression
.medicines for mental problems and psychotic disturbances
.medicines for movement abnormalities as in Parkinson's disease, or for
gastrointestinal problems

Tell your prescriber or health care professional about all other medicines
you are taking, including non-prescription medicines, nutritional
supplements, or herbal products. Also tell your prescriber or health care
professional if you are a frequent user of drinks with caffeine or alcohol,
if you smoke, or if you use illegal drugs. These may affect the way your
medicine works. Check with your health care professional before stopping or
starting any of your medicines.

What side effects may I notice from taking clemastine?
Side effects that you should report to your prescriber or health care
professional as soon as possible:
.agitation, nervousness, excitability, not able to sleep (these are more
likely in children)
.blurred vision
.fainting spells
.irregular heartbeat, palpitations, or chest pain
.pain or difficulty passing urine
.seizures (convulsions)

Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your
prescriber or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
.drowsiness, dizziness
.dry mouth
.headache
.loss of appetite
.stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea

What do I need to watch for while I take clemastine?
Tell your prescriber or health care professional if your symptoms do not
improve in 1 or 2 days.

You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything
that needs mental alertness until you know how clemastine affects you. To
reduce the risk of dizzy or fainting spells, do not stand or sit up quickly,
especially if you are an older patient. Alcohol may increase dizziness and
drowsiness. Avoid alcoholic drinks.

Your mouth may get dry. Chewing sugarless gum or sucking hard candy, and
drinking plenty of water will help.

Clemastine may cause dry eyes and blurred vision. If you wear contact lenses
you may feel some discomfort. Lubricating drops may help. See your
ophthalmologist if the problem does not go away or is severe.

Where can I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children in a container that small children cannot
open.

Store at room temperature, between 15 and 25°C (59 and 77°F). Keep away from
heat and light. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.

NOTE: This information is not intended to cover all possible uses,
precautions, interactions, or adverse effects for this drug. If you have
questions about the drug(s) you are taking, check with your health care
professional.

more....