[MOL] Fwd: Recipe-a-Day [00040] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Fwd: Recipe-a-Day

---- Begin included message ----

Hello, Cooking Enthusiasts!

Since we’ve come to the end of the month, today we’re
forwarding you a delicious Reader Recipe. It comes to
us from Mark in Sydney, Australia!

Mark says that while this recipe comes from Down Under,
it’s not a local one; he also tells us that even
though beef stroganoff traditionally uses beef, “We
accidentally used lamb one day and haven't gone back
to using beef ever since!”

We think you’ll enjoy Mark’s recipe, traditional or not!

“Best Beef Stroganoff” — but with Lamb!
Serves 4

Ingredients:
500g (about 1 pound) Lamb “Backstraps”
2+ Tablespoons Butter (divided)
Large Onion, diced
Mushrooms, diced (optional)
2 cubes Beef Stock (Bouillon)
Pepper (to taste)
Water (1/4 cup)
1 (140gm — about 5 oz.) tub Tomato Paste
350 ml (about 1 1/2 cups) Sour Cream
1 teaspoon Corn Flour
Rice or Pasta (cooked)

Slice lamb “backstraps” into small, thin strips
(stroganoff sized).

Turn frypan to high and melt half the butter.

Add lamb and cook until it’s no longer pink. Remove
to a plate and set aside for the moment.

Melt the rest of the butter. Add onion and fry until soft.
Add mushrooms.

Return lamb to frypan, and mix with the vegetables.

Reduce the heat; crumble in the stock cubes, pepper,
and water.

Add the tomato paste. Increase heat slightly and simmer,
stirring.

Mix together the sour cream and corn flour and add to pan;
mix in well. Simmer until all ingredients have “meshed.”

Serve on boiled rice or pasta.

Many thanks to Mark for sharing this recipe with us!

Recipe-a-Day is a FlowGo newsletter.  For more information on FlowGo or to unsubscribe from Recipe-a-Day follow the links below:

FlowGo
http://www.flowgo.com/

Privacy Policy
http://www.emazing.com/info/privacy.htm