[MOL] FYI [02526] Medicine On Line

[MOL] FYI

 <A HREF="http://www.uua.org/ga/ga99/409.html">409 Spiritual Persistence and
Encounters with the After-Life</A>
http://www.uua.org/ga/ga99/409.html

An excerpt:
Speaker: the Rev. Dr. Randolph W.B. Becker
SPIRITUAL PERSISTENCE and ENCOUNTERS WITH THE AFTERLIFE

"You keep wanting to know where the road leads; but the road only leads
somewhere for those in transit, not those in arrival. If you found out the
ending you'd be there, and where you were would be the end. So don't seek
that, unless you are ready to stop and let all Creation pass you by on its
flow to its evolved self. Hint: Fossils know exactly what they are and where
they are."

"Don't reduce your visions to words. One of the problems of many people is
they feel they have to put words to insights, visions, and feelings. And if
they do, they reduce the insights, visions, and feelings to words and lose
something in the translation. So maybe they should be tools, not answers."

"The trick is to be able to share yourself without expecting or requiring
anything in return. If you can do that, you can stay whole no matter who
you're dealing with or whatever the situation."

"Fears keep things from happening; they don't make them happen. Fears keep
you from good things."

"You know, truth never has to be proven and/or forced. Just reveal it and
they will come. If you toss out enough tasty tidbits, they will eventually
want a whole meal."

"Grief is the recognition that we have to surrender to the past something we
wish were in the present and future. When we find balance we can stop
grieving, because then we will lose no more. We keep grieving until we can do
that.