[MOL] Lawyer joke [02522] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Lawyer joke

> The staff at a local United Way office realized that it had never received a
donation from the town's most successful lawyer.

The person in charge of contributions called him to persuade him to
contribute.
"Our research shows that out of a yearly income of at least $500,000, you
give not a penny to charity.  Wouldn't you like to give back to the community
in some way?"

The lawyer mulled this over for a moment and replied, "First, did your
research also show that my mother is dying after a long illness, and has
medical bills that are several times her annual income?"

Embarrassed, the United Way representative mumbled, "Um...  No."

"Or," the lawyer continued, "that my brother, a disabled veteran, is blind and
confined to a wheelchair?"

The stricken United Way representative began to stammer out an apology but
was interrupted when the lawyer added, "Or that my sister's husband died in a
traffic accident?" the lawyer's voice rising in indignation, "Leaving her
pennyless with three children?"

The humiliated United Way representative, completely beaten, said simply, "I
had
no idea..."

On a roll, the lawyer cut him off once again, "So, if I don't give any money
to them, why should I give any to you?"