Re: [MOL] Thalidimide... [02508] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Thalidimide...

Lillian;
    Went to onc. today. Bucky is running a low grade fever and his right leg
(w/cancer) has been swelling and increased pain in hip so I just have to let
whatever manifest itself because they don't know what is going on yet.
Complications with antibiotics is why they want to wait and see and keep him off
them as long as possible. Possible infection in leg or pnuemonia trying to come
back. w/c was up to 3.2 from 2.8 so that is good but is still low. He said with
all his problems a tsh test is the least of his worries and that the primary
care dr. can take care of that. He has been feeling better the last 2 days in
spite of the increased pain and we are taking every minute of that and doing the
best we can with it. Chest x-ray looked good with no mets to the lungs which is
really good news. We are waiting for Dr. Lobelle to respond on new drug for
sarcomas. Wasn't clear whether it is approved for trials or by fda. He was in
clinic when he called and I didn't think to ask. Hope all is still going well at
your house.  Your frend, Beav