Re: [MOL] Why helping the Bereaved is so difficult.... [02487] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Why helping the Bereaved is so difficult....

I think this is one handbook that should be mandatory reading; I was
absolutely floored by the truth of it yet also guilty of nearly every one of
their examples.
How often have I said that God never gives us more than we can handle while
at the same time knowing that was absolute bs. If that were the case there'd
be no suicides, people wouldn't turn to drugs to escape and our mental
institutions would be almost empty.
I also had a miscarriage when I was 21. But I was young, I could have lots
more children, or so everybody kept telling me. Over 20 yrs later, on the
eve of having a tubiligation, I couldn't understand why I was so upset. So,
as usual, I sat down and wrote a poem. Surprisingly to me, the peom turned
out to be all about the baby I had lost long ago. I finally was able to
grieve.
I'm at an age where death is becoming a fairly frequent event and I think
it's time for me to learn how to deal with it and offer comfort in a way
that may truly help the bereaved (and myself).
I have this strange kind of feeling (which is actually kinda creepy) that I
was meant to read this e-mail. So thanks for posting it (although I feel
that you were guided to do so). Am I sounding really weird here? LOL
Your (kinda-out-there) friend,
Bridget