Re: [MOL] Dean -Power of People Debate [02479] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Dean -Power of People Debate

I have a feeling Joicy, that any church that you Pastor would be committed
to helping the community. I think Dean was talking more about those "BIG"
churches that cater to the wealthy of their parisheners and forget about the
poor. You don't generally find these in small towns but in larger urban
settings.
As a child, I used to listen to my parents agonize over how to donate 10% of
their income to the church and still manage to feed all 7 of us. And every
Sunday for 2 years I went to Church and listened to our Pastor ask for more
and more money so he could finish building his $2million modern, circular
"museum" (as I called it) after my beloved house of God
was burnt to the ground. He visited our home every Sunday and never once was
there an offer to help us even though it was obvious we needed it. Every
Priest in our Parish (4) drove a brand new car every year and the Glebe was
more mansion than house. Believe me, they suffered little.
I'm glad there are Pastors like you in this world, Joicy. God bless and keep
you as I know He will.
Your friend,
Bridget