[MOL] blood counts [02448] Medicine On Line

[MOL] blood counts

My sister has SCLC and has had 3 days of chemo, today started chemo and
radiation twice daily. Tomorrow is supposed to be radiation twice and 7 hours
of chemo however they came in right before her second radiation and said you
can't have radiation, your counts are too low, .08. Is this normal, she is
upset that she couldn't have the radiation and now has to have blood work
stat in the morning to see if she can continue treatment? We don't really
understand why they can't do the radiation with the low blood counts. Can
anyone explain. Thanks very much. Kathie M.