[MOL] Some excelent abstracts for most cancers.... [02405] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Some excelent abstracts for most cancers....

http://www.cancerprev.org/Search/Abstracts?q=monitoring&start=31&num=10

33:

Evaluation of the haematic parameters correlated with inflammatory bowel diseases

It is well known that patients afflicted with ulcerative colitis are likely to develop a colorectal neoplasia. Recent studies have shown that this risk also exists in patients afflicted with Crohn disease, but to a lesser degree. The authors studied CEA (as a colorectal carcinoma index), CA 19-9 (as a chronic inflammatory pathology index as well as...

1994, 19(1)

34:

Can screening for environmental carcinogens be of importance to cancer prevention?

Although environmental (anthropogenic) carcinogens account for only a minor part of human cancer, there is a strong public pressure in cutting down this contribution to carcinogenesis. Due to the strong correlation between genotoxicity and carcino- genicity, short-term tests for genotoxicity should provide an adequate and appropriate tool in the...

1993, 17(1)

35

35:

Smoking lung cancer patients excrete lower quantities of benzo(a)pyrene-7m8-diol than healthy smokers

Bartsch et al have recently shown that among smokers activity of pulmonary enzymes, metabolizing benzo(a)pyrene (BP), is higher in lung cancer patients. We measured in the urine of smokers, levels of BP activation product, BP-7, 8-diol. They had considerable individual variations, but average values in healthy smokers were as much as two times...

1993, 17(1)

36:

Correlation between CA 72-4 serum positive levels and lymph node-involvement in patients with gastric carcinoma

CA 72-4 serum marker has been shown to be one of the most specific and sensitive markers for monitoring gastric cancer. In the present study we evaluated the correlation between CA 72-4, CA 19-9 and CEA serum levels and tumor size and lymph node- involvement in gastric carcinoma patients. One-hundred forty- seven patients, 59 females and 88 males,...

1993, 17(1)

37:

CEA, TPA and CA 15