Re: [MOL] Why helping the Bereaved is so difficult.... [02330] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Why helping the Bereaved is so difficult....

Dear All.....
I learned so much about grieving from the Bereavement Group I went to at the
Hospice at The Texas Medical Center after my mom died of breast cancer. It
affected me so deeply that I volunteered at BO'S PLACE here in Houston, a
bereavement agency for CHILDREN and their families that have lost loved ones.
This past year has been one of THE most rewarding ever for me. The United
States has MUCH work to do in the area of death,dying and the grief process.
We tend to try to ignore all of these feelings and not to deal with the
emotions present for the youngsters. I urge anyone who goes through this
ordeal to seek counseling for themselves and their children.  Pat A in Houston