Re: [MOL] Chris [02258] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Chris

I have to add my two cents here...
I worked for the bank for 20 yrs. and one of the things that were constantly
stressed to us was that 90% of our deposits (ie: wealth) was held by 2% of
our clients. This "entitled" them to the lower interest rates on loans and
"bonus" rates on investments.
Unfortunately, we live in a society where money is power and power is
everything. At one time a person's character was what you looked for and
respected but now it doesn't seem to matter so long as you have money. I
think we need to re-think our priorities as responsible governments and
remember that it's purpose is to serve the people. Not just the rich and
powerful but also the poor and hungry. We've narrowed the word "people" down
to where it excludes a large portion of society and this isn't how it was
meant to be. But the people already in power aren't going to change this and
the people without power can't. It's up to that group in the middle whose
power lies in their great numbers. In our numbers! The problem is there is
no one to give them a voice!
I believe that people like all of us here have the ability to influence
decisions that are detremental to the people. We have to assume
responsibilty and instead of just complaining become involved. Work WITH our
governments to make things better for those whose lives are endangered
because they lack money, or influence, or education. The Bible says; "We are
our brothers' keeper!" I wonder if God would be pleased with how we are
keeping our brothers?
I think I'll step down of the pedastal now, okay? LOL
But Whew! Did that ever feel good. Sometimes it's great to vent! Thanks for
listening.
Your friend,
Bridget