[MOL] some interesting quotes [02253] Medicine On Line

[MOL] some interesting quotes

 Quotations from women about women.......

   The hardest years in life are those between ten and
   seventy.
       -Helen Hayes (at 73)

   I refuse to think of them as chin hairs.  I think of
   them as stray eyebrows.
       -Janette Barber

   Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"?  Every
   time  I hear it, I think I'm supposed to put my breast in
   an envelope and send it to someone.
       -Jan King

   A few weeks after my surgery, I went out to play
   catch with my golden retriever.  When I bent over to pick up
   the ball,  my prosthesis fell out.  The dog snatched it, and I
   found  myself chasing him down the road yelling "Hey, come
   back here with my breast!"
       -Linda Ellerbee

   Things are going to get a lot worse before they get
   worse.
       -Lily Tomlin

   You know the hardest thing about having cerebral
   palsy and  being a woman?  It's plucking your eyebrows.  That's
   how I  originally got pierced ears.
       -Geri Jewell

   A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who
   never owned a car.
       -Carrie Snow

   Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Cry and you
   cry with your girlfriends.
       -Laurie Kuslansky

   My second favorite household chore is ironing.  My
   first being hitting my  head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
       -Erma Brombeck

   Old age ain't no place for sissies.
       -Bette Davis

   A man's got to do what a man's got to do.  A woman
   must do  what he can't.
       -Rhonda Hansome

   The phrase "working mother" is redundant.
       -Jane Sellman

   Every time I close the door on reality it comes in
   through the windows.
       -Jennifer Unlimited

   Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as
   men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not
   difficult.
       -Charlotte Whitton

   Thirty-five is when you finally get your head
   together and your body starts falling apart.
       -Caryn Leschen

   I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes
   several days attack me at once.
       -Jennifer Unlimited

   If you can't be a good example, then you'll just
   have to be a horrible  warning.
       -Catherine Aird

   When I was young, I was put in a school for retarded
   kids  for two years before they realized I actually had a
   hearing  loss...and they called ME slow!
       -Kathy Buckley

   Behind every successful woman...is a substantial
   amount of coffee.
       -Stephanie Piro

   Behind every successful woman...... is a basket of
   dirty laundry.
       -Sally Forth