Re: [MOL] inquiry about post chemo w/ radiation diet [02229] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] inquiry about post chemo w/ radiation diet

The secret to proper eating while on chemo and radiation is to eat sensibly.
If one eats their vegetables with little lean meats and plenty of fruit this
should take care of the diet aspect.  Now some of us will also work on
building the immune system up; as both therapies tend to work against our
already comprised immune system.  This can be done with soy products and
tofu.  Both work very well.  If your father obtains a metallic taste then
use plastic unites, plates and cups.  Sugar feeds cancer cells; so it is
wise to go to an artificial sugar.  As long as your dad is eating healthy if
he wants something else or a treat, by all means he can have it.  Somethimes
it is wise to cook where there is not a heavy cooking odor.  You will really
need to play it by ear. We wish you the very best and hope you stay and chat
with us.  Warmly, lillian

more....