Re: [MOL] Chris [02215] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Chris

In a message dated 08/26/2000 10:14:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
joicy@erols.com writes:
> What is sad, too, is that the more people have, the more selfish they often
>  become. That is part of what is happening right now in this country...there
>  is a growing sense of entitlement, and it is absolutely tragic.

I agree Joicy.  One only has to look at the lives of people who have more
than they ever could use to see the tragedy it *can* wreak: John DuPont, the
Barrymore grandchildren, the Menendez' sons, etc. It robs them of goals and
the desire to learn more about what life really means.  They have to *labor*
for nothing and the whole world is open to them for the taking.  It's very
sad esp. when there are sooooo many who have so very little.  I think that
wealthy people can be a very good example to young people if they can give
them hope - if they can spur them on to try greater things, to work for
success, to see the rainbow at the end of the muddy trail.  That's why I've
always believed that even *severe* financial struggles in youthful times is
often necessary, but only long enough to grow and appreciate the struggles of
others. It's detrimental to our country that so many people are hungry, cold,
homeless, etc. for a great portion of their whole lives, while others have
never known those things and likely never will.    -chris