Re: [MOL] Free Prescription Medicine!! [02209] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Free Prescription Medicine!!

In a message dated 08/26/2000 8:03:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
joicy@erols.com writes:
>  To be approved for enrollment, some of the primary requirements are:
>  The applicant has no insurance coverage for outpatient prescription drugs.

See, this is the problem for the "working poor".  Many of us *have*
insurance, it's just next to worthless!  But it disqualifies you for any
assistance anyway.

I believe that is why so many families end up being on *generations* of
welfare.  It sets up a trap: make enough money to buy groceries but you'll
lose your help w/ rent.  Make enough to pay the rent and you lose medical
assistance.  If you have hope, they will crush it. I see it all the time with
the mothers who bring their small children to the daycare in our building.
It's really tough for them.   -chris