Re: [MOL] Chris [02208] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Chris

In a message dated 08/26/2000 7:51:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
joicy@erols.com writes:

> I pray this country will wake up and take action on this. No one should have
>  to be without the care they need. Love and prayers, Joicy

I do too Joicy; esp. since our politicians keep telling us that we are the
best and most fortunate country in the world.  Truth is - it is best for
*some*, not so hot for too many.  I had seen another special like this one on
homelessness.  They interviewed a waitress who worked full-time in a
restaurant in NY.  She made only enough income to afford food, clothing, and
bus/train fare, but not for housing.  She washed her clothing and uniforms
out at night, kept a change of clothing in her work locker, and after work
went out to sleep in the street all night.  Though that is not a frequent
occurrence, it should not happen at all in a so-we're-told "rich country".
Couldn't prove that by me, I'll tell  ya.  One lost paycheck would mean a
missed mortgage payment and there is no way to ever catch up with that
because the other pay goes entirely to bills and food for the whole month.
-chris