[MOL] important info on meds... [02207] Medicine On Line

[MOL] important info on meds...

[I'm sending this again, because for some reason the first time didn't come
through]

Hello, friends...I know that many of our Molers often struggle with the
financial hardships of expensive meds. So my ears pricked up when tonight's
news ran a feature story on the availability of FREE prescriptions for those
who meet some fairly strait-forward financial criteria. Evidently, your Dr.
has to authorize it, but there is an organization called "The Medical
Program" that helps folks see if they qualify. Below is more information,
and I hope it's helpful. (They are also looking for volunteers to help out,
since it's a free service.) the web site and more info is below...love and
prayers, Joicy

http://www.themedicineprogram.com/

Can't Afford Your Prescription Medication?
Free Prescription Medicine is Available to those who Qualify.

The Medical Program was established by volunteers dedicated to alleviating
the plight of an ever increasing number of patients who cannot afford their
prescription medication.

Our function, in cooperation with the physician, is to assist patients who
may qualify to enroll in one or more of the  many patient assistance
programs now available. These programs provide prescription medicine
free-of-charge to individuals in need, regardless of age, if they meet the
sponsor's criteria.

If you are approved and enrolled, your medication will be sent to your
doctor and he will dispense it to you. If the program's sponsor approves
your application, you will receive your medication at no charge. If you wish
to begin your application process at this time, simply mail to us the
required items numbered one (1) through four (4).

To be approved for enrollment, some of the primary requirements are:

The applicant has no insurance coverage for outpatient prescription drugs.

The applicant does not qualify for a government program which provides for
prescription medication, e.g. Medicaid.

The applicant's income is at a level which causes a hardship when the
patient is required to purchase the medication at retail.

...to be accepted into the program, the applicant's income must fall within
the limits established by his particular sponsor. The household income limit
requirement varies with each program sponsor.

Examples listed in the 1999 report outlining the sponsor's criteria for
approval and enrollment, relate that individuals with family incomes ranging
from below the national poverty level up to $50,000.00 annually can qualify.
Those applicants normally qualifying at the highest income limits are
generally AIDS, transplant or cancer patients in need of very expensive
drugs. Decisions concerning which medications are provided and which
individuals are accepted into the programs are made by the various program
sponsors.