RE: FW: [MOL] Mr. Whipps [02085] Medicine On Line

RE: FW: [MOL] Mr. Whipps

I hope you don't mind if I offer my two cents worth. Being Canadian, we are
closely tied to the Crown, although not nearly so much as in the past.
I have listened to the ongoing debate as to whether the monarchy should be
abolished due to the high cost of maintaining it. I tend to agree with
David, that even though their political involvement is more of a formality
and it's actually parliament that makes the decisions, the contributions
made by the Royals is still worth maintaining. Aside from the long standing
tradition and their attraction to tourists, their contribution and
involvement with many, many charities can't be underestimated, as David's
example regarding Princess Di indicates. I for one would hate to see it
abolished. As to the cost, I'm not sure if or how much we contribute to this
anymore so I have no opinion on this one.
Your friend,
Bridget